At Melody pants, privacy means fair play and transparency. This Privacy Notice provides you information about how your personal details are used on www.melodypants.com for the purpose of informing and selling you our products and services as well as maintaining, improving and managing our products and services in order to provide you with the best Melody experience whenever you interact with us in the digital world online, as well as in the real world when you visit our stores. Managed by Giraffe OÜ.
Your personal details – what personal details are we collecting from you and what we do with it?
- Identity information – this is information we use to identify and make sure you are who you claim to be. This includes: name [first, last, initials], e-mail address, unique consumer number, nickname, password.
- Contact information – this is information we use to reach out to you in order to send you your MELODY products, provide you with promotional information, share with you what is happening at MELODY, and answer your queries and concerns. This includes for example: phone number, shipping and billing address, e-mail address.
- Social Media information – this is information we use to understand you better, in order to build a better relationship with you as an MELODY consumer, create products that you will like, and focus our marketing efforts on messages which you will consider helpful and interesting (based on your online behaviour), as well as optimising your social media interactions with MELODY and other MELODY community members. This includes any social media information that is publicly available such as [but not limited to]: social media handles, social media interactions and postings, your “Likes” and other reactions, your social media connections, your photos. This information is provided to us by the social media network (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) directly or indirectly through agencies we have agreements with.
- Location information – this is information we use to make sure we provide you with the most relevant information based on your geographical location. This includes for example: your residential location, current log-in location [IP address].
- Device information – this is information we use to secure our network and improve our services and performances. This includes for example: IP address, date and time of the visit, how long you remained on our website, the referral URL (if you came to our site via a different site or an advertisement), the pages visited on our site, your browser type, device type, versions, operating system.
- Purchase information – this is information we use to process your order. This includes for example: your shopping cart, payment information (credit card number), payment risk profile, delivery details, shipping and billing address, customer order number, purchase history with MELODY.
- Correspondence – this is information we use for quality control purposes, and to make sure we have complied with your requests or legal requirements. This includes for example: e-mail correspondence with MELODY personnel.
- Behavioural/Profile information – this is information we use to make sure we communicate only information that is relevant to you, provide you with the best MELODY deals and offerings which you would be interested in, and to maximise your experience as an MELODY member in our online or offline communities. This includes for example: your shopping history.
- Preference information – this is information we use to make sure you have the best MELODY experience whenever we interact. This includes for example: preferred language, preferred shipping address, browsing preferences, our correspondence with you.
Purposes – where do we transfer your personal details?
Ultimately, we use your personal details to provide you with the best consumer experience you could have with MELODY, and we constantly work on improving that experience so you will continue to love our brand and products, and remain a member of the MELODY community worldwide.
More specifically, we use our personal details to do the following:
- To sell you our products and services –We use your personal details to process your purchase order, make sure your payment is received, comply with the requirements under our Terms and Conditions (for selling you the products), deliver products you ordered, exchange products for you if necessary, and refund you if necessary.
- To inform you about our products and services –We use your personal details to send you alerts and updates about our Products and Services based on your preferences, interests, participations and communities. When you purchase our products, we will be contacting you without your separate consent to provide you information about our products and services (Service E-Mails). This is considered our “legitimate business interest” in order to make sure our business continues to thrive.
- To store your personal details –We will store your personal details until you tell us to delete them. If you have been inactive (counting from your last Log-In) for 25 months we will anonymize your personal details.
- To protect our products and services –As a business, we can only continue to thrive if we vigorously protect our corporate and business interests. This includes making sure that the orders and payments are legitimate (fraud prevention), our research and development is heading into the right direction, our marketing strategies target the right audience with the right messages. As our consumer, your details will be used to help us achieve these goals in order to continue providing you with the best products and experiences. This is considered our “legitimate business interest” in order to make sure our business continues to thrive.
- To deliver first-class experience to you continuously –We collect and store certain information from you and from your devices, terminal equipment, and browsers (such as using a “cookie”, pixel tag or any other targeting technology. This allows us to remember how you prefer to browse and shop on our sites. It also allows us to present you with the relevant information tailored to your needs. You can find more information about how we use online tracking technologies such as Cookies, tags, and other codes from the “Cookies” section.
- To maintain your products and services –We use your details to maintain your MELODY account. Through our global single sign on, you can use the same details to log in anywhere in the world. As a non-member, your account will be primarily maintained for the purposes of completing your order; as a member, we will be maintaining your account to complete your orders and allow you to have more interactions with MELODY as an MELODY member.
- To run, improve and manage our products and services –We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal details against accidental, unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
With whom do we share your personal details with?
In order to provide you with the best MELODY experience, we always share your details with these service providers who help us provide you the best experience possible.
In order to be a responsible corporate citizen, we may be required to share your details with the following type of entities (as permissible and required by law):
- Authorities and law enforcement –Government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes identified in this notice, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
- Partners –We may run joint programmes, events or promotions with other companies on its websites or applications. Our partner will only use your personal details, if we have your consent for them to do so. If you do not wish to have your personal details collected by, or shared with a company other than MELODY, you can always choose not to participate in such programs, promotions or events.
Personal details transfer
Where do we transfer your personal details?
We share your personal details with processors outside your country after having made our assessment and having them sign our standard contractual clauses.
What is the legal basis for us to use your personal details as described?
- Your consent –When you sign up, purchase products, participate in our communities or create an account, you consent to us using the personal details you provide to carry out the purposes we identified to you in accordance with this Notice. We store that we have your permission to use your personal details in a particular manner. This includes for example your consent to receive marketing communications, your consent to us sharing your data with third-parties, your consent to us transferring your data to a different location.
- Contractual obligations –We will process and use your personal details to fulfil our contractual obligations so we can provide you with your requested products and services.
- Legitimate interests –We will process and use your personal details to carry out and improve our products and services, sending you marketing communications, research and development questionnaires.
- Compliance with laws –We will process and use your personal details to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws.
Your rights – and how you can exercise them
As a consumer, you have the following rights to your personal details according to GDPR. However, you should know that we will comply according to the extent that the law requires us to; in some cases, where it is legally required for us to keep your details the way it is, we will decline to comply with your requests. In this case, we will provide you with our reasons.
- Access your personal details –You have the right to request access to your personal details. This also includes information about:
a) why we have your personal details;
b) what categories of data we have;
c) what we do with your personal details;
d) who has access to your personal details (and where they are);
e) where your personal details might be transferred to;
f) how long we are keeping your personal details;
g) if you didn’t provide your personal details directly to us, how did we get them;
h) your rights under applicable laws and the possibility to restrict processing; and
i) if we use your personal details for any automated-decision making, and how we do it.
If you wish to obtain a copy of the personal details we have on you, please please contact support: email@example.com.
- Complain to a Regulator / Supervisory Authority –If you are not satisfied with the way we handled your consumer rights or our Privacy Principles, you have the right to make a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU Member State that you are located in.
- Delete your personal details at MELODY – If you no longer want to interact with us, or you do not want us to have your personal details, you have the right to ask us to delete all your personal details from our systems on firstname.lastname@example.org However, please note that there might be legal obligations we need to comply with which compel us to decline your requests or to keep certain information. If you have an account with MELODY, please log in to your account and make the necessary corrections. If you need more help, please contact the customer support: email@example.com
- Correct your personal details –You have the right to make sure your personal details are accurate and complete. If you have an account with MELODY, please log in to your account and make the necessary corrections. If you need more help, please contact support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restrict how we use and process your personal details –You also have the right to tell us to stop using your personal details in a particular way (for example, you don’t want us to profile you for marketing reasons, or send you marketing communications). Please contact the customer support: email@example.com to let us know.
- Data Portability –You have the right to get a copy of your personal details to carry over to a new company. You can request a copy of your personal details in machine readable format within your account. Please contact the customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy rights concerning your personal details, please contact the customer support: email@example.com.
Cookie statement – what you should know about cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. For this section, we conveniently use “cookies” as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your session, while others will be saved for a certain amount of time.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT COOKIE TYPES WE USE?
There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are there just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visit as pleasant as possible.
Cookies set by MELODY are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than us are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer or mobile both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites. We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons.
The most important cookies are the required cookies. They are essential and help you to navigate on the website and to use basic features, such as media plugins. Functionality cookies enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. The performance and analytics cookies we use to improve our website. Targeting cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies capture your preferences to show you relevant ads outside MELODY. In addition, social media cookies may be used to track your activity over social media platforms.
are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features (e.g. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process). These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
FUNCTIONALITY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
can give you an even smoother customer experience (e.g. these cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag). These cookies allow us to analyse site usage so we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf (see our cookie opt-out tool) and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
will remember your product and buying preferences or assist marketing efforts in other ways. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes referred to as “targeting cookies”). They help us to understand shopping behaviour of visitors. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers (sometimes referred to as “performance cookies”).
Where can i get further information?